- Submit the New Resources application by April 1.
- Apply using the Common Application Transfer application and select ‘Yes’ when asked – Would you like to be considered for the Jamieson Scholarship for New Resources?
- Submit a non-refundable $70 application fee. If the fee poses economic hardship, email one of the following to email@example.com.
- If currently enrolled in college/university: A letter from the Financial Aid Office indicating your EFC (Expected Family Contribution).
- If not currently enrolled in a college/university: a detailed letter explaining how the application fee poses an economic hardship.
- Be creative in your responses! Help us understand how you think, what you hope to bring to campus and receive from your experience at Pitzer.
- Select two current professors or other individuals who can comment on your academic potential (e.g., employers and volunteer supervisors).
- You will assign your recommenders once you access the online application. If your recommender is unable to complete a digital form, they may download the form here, complete, and email the Reference Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All reference letters must be sent to our office directly by the recommender.
- If you have attended a college, you must submit the College Report.
- The Report should be completed by a college official with access to your full academic and disciplinary record (i.e. Dean, Advisor or Registrar). You will assign a college official once you access the online application.
- If your college official is unable to complete a digital form, they may download, complete, and email the College Report to email@example.com.
- All colleges/universities you have attended must send an official copy of your transcript to the Office of Admission either by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must submit your high school transcript if you have completed less than 32 semester credits or 48 quarter credits by the time you submit your application. You may email an official copy of your high school transcript to email@example.com.
- All official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admission directly from a college/university and high school.
High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED)
- All applicants must provide proof of high school graduation with a diploma or equivalency (GED).
- Send a copy—not the original diploma—by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants for the New Resources program are required to have an on-campus interview with an Admission Counselor before the application deadline. Phone or Skype interviews are available for out-of-state students.
- Pitzer requires the demonstration of English proficiency from students whose native language is not English.
- This must be done by:
- Submitting the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Or submitting the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Or submitting and being granted an English Language (Click here to find out more about the process)
- In order to be considered for admission, students must submit official scores or be granted a waiver. For students who submit testing, a minimum score of 100 IBT or 7 IELTS.
- However, students who are qualified for admission to Pitzer in all ways except English proficiency are eligible for the International Scholars Program. Applicants must:
- Achieve at least a 70 IBT or 6.5 IELTS.
- Or have submitted an English Language and been notified that they will be considered for admission through the International Scholars Program.
- Pitzer can only accept the IELTS or the Internet Based Testing version of TOEFL. Pitzer does not currently accept alternate tests of English proficiency (such as Duolingo (DET), paper-based TOEFL, etc.), but they may be included in your English Language to support your request.
- For more information about applying as an international student, please click here.