For information about the history of Pitzer College, or help with any aspect of research in the Archives, please contact archivist Stacy Elliott.
一道本不卡免费高清You are encouraged to make an appointment to visit the Archives or stop by during office hours. The Archives is equipped with tables, outlets and wireless access for laptops.
Photocopies and duplication of materials in the Archives is done by the staff. Personal scanning devices are not allowed in the Archives; digital cameras are permitted.
Class and Campus Presentations
The Pitzer College Archives staff wants to facilitate your interest in Pitzer’s history. The Archivist is happy and willing to provide any resources and assistance to faculty and staff members, as well as other institutions.
When possible, the Pitzer College Archives staff will provide photocopies and reproductions of unrestricted materials for research purposes. We reserve the right to refuse any request for reproduction that would violate copyright law, damage the original item, or place undue stress on the resources of the Archives. Permission to use or publish text or images from our collections must be obtained from the Archives.
The copyright law of the United States
一道本不卡免费高清(Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyright material. Under certain conditions, known as “fair use,” the law specifies that libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction for private study, scholarship, or research. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of these purposes, that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
一道本不卡免费高清Researchers are liable to the creator, any heirs, owner or copyright holder, for any violation of their rights or misuses of the reproductions. Researchers may not publish or reproduce any material without permission from the legal copyright owners and from the Archives as owners of the physical property. The staff of the Pitzer College Archives does not sell these copies for profit; it merely allows the copying at the request of researchers.
For more information, see .
Permissions and Publication Information
The Pitzer College Archives will grant permission to publish audiovisual materials from the Archives when publishers assume all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of the U.S. Copyright Code. Publishers must obtain written permission from: a) the copyright owner, his or her heirs or assigns; b) from the Pitzer College Archives, owner of the original materials, before publishing or otherwise reproducing copyrighted materials.
Permission is granted under the following conditions:
- Permission is granted for one-time use only (unless specific exceptions are granted) and for the purpose listed in the “Permission to Publish Contract.” Any subsequent use (including subsequent editions, paperback editions, foreign language editions, etc.), constitutes reuse and must be applied for separately in writing. An additional fee will be charged for each subsequent edition. The “multiple format fee” applies only to different formats of the same “edition” of a work (e.g. a CD-ROM version of a book or a video of a television documentary).
- Credit line should read “Pitzer College Archives.” The photographer’s name must also be included in the credit line if it is known or can be determined. This credit line must be included with each image.
- A copy of all works in which the moving/still image or recording appears must be sent to the Pitzer College Archives at the time of publication; but if the work contains no more than two of the Pitzer College Archives’ images or recordings at the time of publication, proofs or tearsheets of the title page and page(s) containing the picture(s) and acknowledgements will be sufficient. With videos, CD-ROM, films, slide shows, the publisher should send still photographs or copies of the title frame and the frame(s) showing credits, or promotional materials.
- Any and all alterations of the original image other than reduction and enlargement should be noted in the accompanying caption or label.
- Reproductions must be purchased directly from the Pitzer College Archives and may not be obtained or reproduced in any fashion from outside published or unpublished sources (including the Pitzer College Archives website).
- Publisher agrees not to permit others to reproduce the image or recording or any facsimile of it; not to reproduce the image on a dust jacket, end paper, advertisement, or any commercial use of a similar nature without permission and without paying an additional permission fee; and not to mass-reproduce as unbound material unless specifically authorized by a letter of permission.
- In authorizing the publication of an image or recording, the Pitzer College Archives does not surrender its own right to publish it, or to grant permission to others to do so.
- If permission is granted for the publishing party itself to photograph any visual material in the Pitzer College Archives, all resulting images must be given to the Pitzer College Archives after use.
- The Pitzer College Archives reserves the right to limit the number of images; to restrict the use or reproduction of rare or valuable material; to make special quotations on material involving unusual difficulty in copying; and to charge a higher copying fee than specified. Copies are not supplied to picture agencies except by special arrangement.
一道本不卡免费高清Any exceptions or additions to the above conditions will appear on, and be considered part of, the contract.