“P-16” describes an integrated system of education stretching from preschool (the “P”) through a four-year college degree (“grade 16”). It is designed to improve student achievement by getting children off to a good start, raising academic standards, conducting appropriate assessments, improving teacher quality and generally smoothing student transitions from one level of learning to the next. It also focuses on helping all children meet the proficiency levels needed to succeed at the next education level and in the workforce.
- Expose students to career options & role models
- Better prepared workforce
- Healthier school, business & community culture
- Help solve local problems
- Improve standing within the community
- Opportunity for University & P-12 students & faculty to learn across diverse populations