Updated on January 24, 2019
In an emergency, call both 911 (9-911 from a campus phone) and Campus Safety 909.607.2000一道本不卡免费高清 (ext. 7-2000)
Do not use elevators or move suspicious packages. Only pull the fire alarm in fire-related emergencies.
Emergency Procedures and Evacuation Plan Map in English and Spanish (PDF)
- Indoors: DROP, take COVER under a sturdy table or desk and HOLD ON. If that’s not possible, take shelter near an interior wall or by furniture that won’t fall over, and cover your head and neck with your arms.
- Stay away from windows, fireplaces, appliances and furniture that may tip over and objects that may fall.
- Stay where you are; after the shaking stops, go to a designated evacuation site.
- Outside: Stay in open area away from buildings, power lines, trees, street lights and utility wires.
- Activate fire alarm.
- Isolate the fire by closing doors behind you. Do not lock the doors.
- Evacuate to a designated evacuation site.
- If a bomb threat is phoned in, ask the caller: What time is the bomb going off? Where is the bomb? What does it look like? What kind of bomb is it? Did you place the bomb? Why?
- If the threat was emailed, forward it to Campus Safety (
email@example.com). Notify your supervisor, a resident assistant.
- Note the caller’s answers and any background noise, distinguishing vocal patterns, etc.
- If the caller says the bomb is located near you, notify others and evacuate at least 100 yards (300 feet) from the area.
Active Assailant Lockdown
- Upon notification, proceed to nearest room that can be locked.
- Lock or barricade the door. Close curtains and blinds; turn off the lights.
- Mute your cell phone.
- Stay out of the sight lines from doors and windows.
- Remain quiet until Campus Safety or police arrive.
- Notify your supervisor or resident assistant.
一道本不卡免费高清If a member of the media approaches you regarding an emergency:
- Politely decline to answer questions. Do not speculate about the emergency. Direct inquiries to the Office of Communications (ext. 1-8219 or 909.621.8219).
- Alert Campus Safety (ext. 7-2000 or 909.607.2000) that a news crew is on campus.
- Building occupants convene at the designated initial evacuation site upon an emergency requiring evacuation.
- Upon the direction of a college official, the group proceeds to the final evacuation site.
- If the initial evacuation site is not adequate as an evacuation site, proceed directly to the Commencement Plaza.
- Do not leave the evacuation sites until directed to do so by a college official.
- McConnell, Mead, Grove House, Broad Center, Broad Hall, Avery, Fletcher, Scott, Bernard, Keck Science Center – Evacuate to the Commencement Plaza.
- East Sanborn, Pitzer Hall, Gold Student Center, North Sanborn, Atherton – Evacuate to the East Mesa Parking Lot.
- West Hall, East Hall – Evacuate to North Fire Road.
Final Evacuation site is Commencement Plaza